Earlier this summer, I received notification from Verizon that I was eligible for a discount on a phone upgrade. I decided to wait since I was not exactly sure what I wanted. Well, yesterday I went ahead and went in and did the upgrade and life is sweet for I have a Droid again! And not just an “Android” droid, but a Droid droid 🙂 — I got the brand new Droid Razr.
Sweetness!! There are all kinds of goodies about this phone:
- it is the thinnest smartphone on the market. I kid you not, this thing is thin!
- a camera on the front of the phone (1.3 megapixel) and on the back (8 megapixel & 1080 HD video)
- 4G – so I am finally on the 4G network
- multitasking! i can be on the phone and on the internet at the same time
- 4.3 inch screen – nice and big
- a dual-core 1.2. GHz processor -stuff runs fast on it
- currently runs the Gingerbread OS, but will get upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich in 2012.
- has an HDMI jack so when we do get a new TV next year, I’ll be able to port my phone to it
My 1st smartphone was the original Droid, which I got in November 2009 on the day it came out. In Sept 2010, I got the hubby and I matching Samsung Fascinates. I am so pleased to have another Droid though — there is just something cool about hearing that “Droid” sound play with new notifications; besides, the kids get a kick out of it too 🙂