Our Kindle Fire arrived a couple of weeks ago soon after it was released and so far, so good! It is such a cute device!
The Kindle Fire launched to much hype and for us it has very much lived up to it’s reputation. As with all things technological, whether or not you like it really depends on personal preference. But, we like it, use it daily, and I predict at least one more in our near future.
What I really like:
- the size – it’s smaller than an iPad; bigger than my smartphone. I think this is a perfect in-between size. It can be held with one hand or two, and though a little on the heavy side, I got used to the weight quickly.
- access to Amazon digital content – nuff said! We are Amazon Prime members and thus are able to take advantage of the movies and shows provided as part of that membership.
- Kindle — of course you can read the Kindle books. Having another device to read them on is handy. I have been reading Kindle books for a couple of years now so now I have a perfect-sized screen to do it on
- no fear in letting the kids play with it – it’s right up their alley too. Can you say Angry Birds?
- not having a native app for gmail. But, you know what? I have that on my phone anyway, so I can deal.