| 1877 - 1964
||New York [1, 2]
||06 Dec 1964
||Southampton, Long Island, New York, New York 
||Bladon, England [3, 4]
||19 Dec 2009 |
||1880 NY Census: William Kissam & Alva Vanderbilt|
Enumeration Date: 26 Jun 1880
Enumeration District: 321
Location: Oakdale, Suffolk County, New York
1. W.K. - Head, age 31, railroad king
2. Alva - wife, age 27, born in AL, father born in VA, mother born in TN
3. Consuela - daughter, age 3
4. W.K. Jr. - son, age 1
Link to full image.
- In 1933 was approached by Bruce Bundy to go in on purchase of an island in France and make the legal tender US dollars. 
- Funeral service was 10 Dec 1964 at St. Thomas Episcopal Church in New York.
- [S27] Famous Families of New York, Hamm, Margherita Arlina., (G.P. Putnamís Sons, 1902.), http://is.gd/9wA., 209, 1902.
- [S36] Duyckinck, Whitehead Cornell, and John Cornell. The Duyckinck and Allied Families Being a Record of the Descendants of Evert Duyckink Who Settled in New Amsterdam, Now New York, in 1638., Duyckinck, Whitehead Cornell; Cornell, John, (Tobias A. Wright, 1908.), http://books.google.com/books?id=8k9KAAAAMAAJ., 87.
- [S85] Mrs. Balsan Dies; Former Vanderbilt, (New York Times, 7 Dec 1964), http://is.gd/SeT..
- [S77] FindAGrave.
- [S43] She Is Now A Duchess, (New York Times, 7 Nov 1895), http://tinyurl.com/yvv7v6..
- [S44] Freed from Marlborough. Duchess's Divorce Decree of Nov. 9 Is Now Made Absolute, (New York Times, 14 May 1921), http://tinyurl.com/yppmbn..
- [S45] Give Notice of Coming Marriage of Col. Balsan To Consuelo, Duchess of Marlborough, (New York Times, 3 July 1921), http://tinyurl.com/26kvgx..
- [S46] Mrs. Oliver H.P. Belmont to Reside in France; Buying Home Near ex-Duchess, Her Daughter, (New York Times, 8 Jul 1821), http://tinyurl.com/24c63g..
- [S83] Vanderbilt Family Genealogy Blog, (Taneya Koonce).