| 1908 - 1940|
||8 February 1908
||19 May 1940 
||Craven County, North Carolina 
||27 Sep 2014 |
||Barfield Koonce, b. 15 March 1886, Craven, North Carolina, United States , d. 10 April 1953, New Bern, Craven, North Carolina, United States |
||Josephine Holloway, b. 10 June 1884, Craven County, North Carolina , d. 13 April 1973, Dover, Craven County, North Carolina |
||18 April 1903
||Craven, North Carolina, United States
||Barfield & Josephine House|
Fort Barnwell, NC. Picture from Google Maps
||Marriage Register: Barfield Koonce & Josephine Holloway|
Married in Township 3
Witnesses: R.A. Richardson, E.K. Huggins, J.L. Hawkins, and T.E. White
||Cleo Koonce, b. 1912 |
- Per conversation with Mary M. on 9/21/06 - Mattie had two children.
||30 Jul 2016 |
||1910 Census Records|
Enumeration Date: 28 Apr 1910
Enumeration District: 16
Location: Cove, Craven County, NC
Barfield Koonce - Head (age 24)
Josephine - Wife (age 21)
Hampton W (?) - son (age 3) -- is the same "H" listed on 1920 census, but name is different.
Minnie J (?) - daugher (age 2) -- same as girl "M" in 1920 census, but name is different?
Flora - daughter - age 3 months.
Home: Township 3, Craven, NC
- Per conversation with Hazel on 2/13/06 she told me she had an older sister named (sounded like) Mary Jane. I suspect this Minnie J. on the census is her. Cemetery records show Mamie J. Koonce.
- Name on Milton's birth certificate is Mary Jane.
- Birth date on Milton's delayed birth certificate is 1905.
- [S51] 1920 NC Census: Craven County (Twp 3).
- [S8] Mitchell Cemetery , (Eastern North Carolina Genealogical Society) (Reliability: 3).