The Christian Family Companion newspaper was published by the Church of the Brethren. According to the record details on the Internet Archive, it began, as a weekly paper Jan. 3, 1865, edited and published by Henry R. Holsinger at Tyrone, PA. The paper was purchased by James Quinter and merged with The Gospel Visitor and on Jan. 1876 to became The Primitive Christian.
This volume includes papers from 1868. An index to obituaries from the Christian Family Companion is available online at <http://www.rothweb.com/publications/>