- EVANS, HIGGS posted by
Goodwin on Wednesday, January 1, 1997
- Interested in any information on parents of John W. HIGGS, born 1884,
died November 1, 1969, maried to Idumas EVANS November 8, 1905. Lived and
died in Beech Grove, McLean County, Kentucky area.
- CRIGLER, JONES, SMITH, WILHITE posted by
on Thursday, January 9, 1997
- Looking for the following names believed to have been in McLean County
in the early to late 1800's: John WILHITE, Carrie Wilhite CRIGLER, Susie
Wilhite SMITH, Mollie Wilhite JONES, Arthur Wilhite. I would appreciate any
information on these individuals that anyone can offer (parents, children,
mates, other siblings). .
- SHACKLEY, SHOCKLEY posted by
on Thursday, January 9, 1997
- There is a Plesant E. SHACKLEY on the McLean county 1870 census. I
believe the surname is actually SHOCKLEY. Or the name was changed to
SHOCKLEY at a later date. If they are the same he would probably be my
ggrandfather. I am looking for anything that will tie the names so I can
bring it forward to present. Thank you,
- MALIN posted by
on Friday, January 10, 1997
- McClean County, I'am looking for Issac and Susanna MALIN. Issac died
8/2/1775 in McClean Co.
- WIGGINS, WRIGHT posted by
on Friday, January 10, 1997
- Seeking info on Guy WRIGHT and his wife, Alma Ann WIGGINS. They lived in
McLean County between Calhoun and Beech Grove.
- BURDEN, BURDON, CHAPPELL, ROLAND posted by
Tyson on Wednesday, February 5, 1997
- Looking for descendants of Sumner Lee ROLAND and wife Laura Victora
BURDON/BURDEN. Also researching Cassie Cleo ROLAND and husband Loren
CHAPPELL. Resided McLean Co., KY
- BROOKS, TANNER posted by
Harnack on Wednesday, February 5, 1997
- Researching William Henry BROOKS b: July 12, 1819 in Beech Grove, KY
and m: Rachel TANNER on October 16,1841 in Daviess county. Need
information on any Brooks from Daviess, Trigg, Christian, Hancock,
Breckinridge, Christian and Hopkins counties. Some names: Sanford T
Brooks, Frederick Brooks, Samuel Brooks, Thomas Latney Brooks.
- KEOWN posted by
Keown on Wednesday, February 5, 1997
- Looking for info on Keown,s of Thomas or James Alex desendants. I,ve
got appx. 3000 names. will share info with same clan. Thomas KEOWN came
to Bowling Green, Ky. area in 1805,settling appx. 19 mile north on the
Green River..All info of any keown is needed we are related.thank you.
- SLUSSER posted by
Walden on Thursday, February 6, 1997
- SLUSSER, John W. (aka "Devil Dick"). Born ca. 1833, Hillsboro, OH ?
Served in Civil War, Co. D, 4th Kentucky Infantry, CSA. His 1865 parole
said he was from McLean Co. (McClain). Any info appreciated! When did he
die, and where is he buried?
- SIEGLER, WALLACE posted by
Wallace on Tuesday, February 11, 1997
- I am searching for information on Richard Henry WALLACE, (b.May 16,
1839). He Married a Martha Jane SIEGLER (bJuly 20, 1845). They had two
children that I know of, Francis L Wallace, (male born Oct. 25,1864)and
Robert Wallace birth date unknown. My records show that Richard Henry
was born in Calhoun, Mclean, county, KY.
- MOORE, RICKARD posted by
Englehardt on Sunday, February 16, 1997
- I am researching the Moores. Alan Calbert MOORE b.Dec.23,1864 d.
Sept. 5, 1944 -m- Ilma Pheby Bates his father also A.C.Moore b. July 15,
1825 d. May 19, 1904 -m- Cynthia Jane RICKARD.I have it back to Jessie
from Va. If anyone is wooking on this line please e-mail me. Thank you,
- BURDEN, DAUGHERTY posted by
J. Southerland on Tuesday, February 18, 1997
- BURDEN: I'm doing extensive research on the Burden families. Gabriel
Morgan & Delie DAUGHERTY Burden lived in McLean, Co. at some point, they
settled around Rockport, IN. There was a grocery store owned by Claude
Burden that I was told passsed down his family & could possibly still be
open. One of his son's was named Cleo. William Ward & Margaret (Burden)
Burden had 14 children. I believe their children & grandchildren had
their own baseball team. Sidney Burden family is another name I have
been given. Anyone interested can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BROWN, HARDIN, SMITH, STONESTREET posted by
MA Brown on Friday, February 21, 1997
- Researching descendants of William Henry BROWN (b 1802, NC) married
Wilmeth HARDIN (dau of Henry Harding & Mary SMITH). Parents of WH Brown
were Nathaniel B Brown (b 1780, VA) & Elizabeth STONESTREET (b Aug 1780,
VA). Most of the family buried in Mt Zion Methodist Cemetery north of
Beech Grove. The family was among the founders of the church in the
1840s. My great-grandfather was Richard Newton Brown, son of William
- BEVEL, LANCASTER, NANCE posted by
Mobbs on Saturday, March 1, 1997
- I am looking for information regarding John LANCASTER family. He
died in KY (probably Sebree, KY) around 1963. He was married to Rosie
Pearl NANCE. They had sons named Sam Lancaster and Ed Lancaster. Ed
Lancaster had a son Johnny Lancaster & a twin ; daughter Nancy Lancaster
(BEVEL) (the twin died). Ed Lancaster died in Indiana around 1985-6.
- ARNOLD, FAITH, SHUTT posted by
on Sunday, March 2, 1997
- FAITH: Seeking information about Joseph Faith who appears in the
1830 census for Daviess Co. Is his father William Faith of the 1820 &
1830 census of Daviess? I found a marriage for William to Margaret
ARNOLD in 1803. The 1810 (Ohio Co.) census shows 1 male under 10 and 2
females under 10. Joseph was born about 1806 so he could be the under 10
boy. Joseph appears in the 1840 Muhlenberg (later McClean Co.) census
and is married to Elizabeth SHUTT, the daughter of Abraham SHUTT. Is
this a second marriage for Joseph? The 1850 census show Susan 25,
William J. 18, and James 15. These children are too old to be
Elizabeth's. I would appreciate any help in sorting out this family .
- ELLIS posted by
Ellis on Wednesday, March 12, 1997
- any info on Lomer T. ELLIS Mclean County wife Mary Irene 3 children
Lomer Jr. Darrell and Glendle Gayle
- KELLY, LAMB posted by
Lamb on Saturday, March 15, 1997
- Looking for info on Robert Lamb,father of John B. LAMB. John was
born in KY in 1821. He married Sarah KELLY.
- BIRCH, BURCH posted by
Birch on Sunday, March 16, 1997
- I am interested in contacting descendants of Alfred BIRCH/BURCH born
1853 in England, died 1911. Lived at Island, KY. Would like to exchange
- ARNOLD, FAITH, SHUTT posted by
on Wednesday, March 19, 1997
- FAITH: Seeking information about Joseph FAITH who resided in
Muhlenberg (1850) and McLean Co. in the 1860 & 1870 census. He married
Elizabeth SHUTT, the daughter of Abraham SHUTT. Joseph and Elizabeth had
the following known children: Louisa, John, Catherine Emeline, Jacob A.,
Laura E., Joseph, Susan Belle, and America M. Is Joseph the son of
William FAITH and wife Margaret ARNOLD of Daviess Co., Ky.? Is the
marriage to Elizabeth SHUTT a second marriage? Hope to find someone
searching for this family, and I will be glad to share any information I
- FAITH, SHUTT posted by
on Wednesday, March 19, 1997
- SHUTT: Seeking information about Abraham SHUTT. He is found in the
1820,1830.1840,1850,and 1860 census of Muhlenberg and later McLean Co.
How is he related to Jacob SHUTT, and John SHUTT, and Jonathan SHUTT,
close neighbors in the 1850 census. Known children from the 1850
Muhlenberg census are: Elizabeth, Jacob, Benjamin F., America C., Sophia
E., Mary J., Abram N., and John M. No mother listed, dead? Elizabeth
SHUTT married Joseph FAITH. Does anyone know where they are buried in
McLean Co.? I would appreciate anyone willing to share information about
the SHUTT'S of Muhlenberg and McLean Co., Ky. and will share what I have
- FAITH, MILLER, PITT, SHUTT, STRINGER posted by
on Wednesday, March 19, 1997
- MILLER: Seeking information about Alfred MILLER born in Washington
twp., Rhea Co., Tennessee. 10 October 1833 he married Angeline STRINGER
(daughter of Larry STRINGER and wife Sally PITT) in Muhlenberg Co., Ky
(later McLean). They had children: Rebecca, Margaret, Sarah J., Isaac,
James, Susan, Elisha B., Wilson Cleghorn, Leander M. Elisha B. is the
grandfather of Roger MILLER and I am descended through Wilson Cleghorn
MILLER. Wilson Cleghorn was married 19 April 1876 in McLean Co. to Susan
Belle FAITH, the daughter of Joseph FAITH and Elizabeth SHUTT. The
children of Wilson and Susan Belle are: Alice, Claude, Margie, Sammie,
Grover Cleveland, Winnie, John, Jessie, Eura May. Many of these are
buried in the Sacramento, McLean Co. Ky. cemetery. Would appreciate any
help on this family.
- BRIDGER, CLARK, PITT, STRINGER posted by
on Wednesday, March 19, 1997
- STRINGER: Seeking information about Larry STRINGER and his wife
Sally PITT. Larry was born in Edgecomb Co., N.C. and died on 5 February
1842 in Muhlenberg (later McLean) Co., Ky. Larry's parents were John
STRINGER, Jr. and Sarah CLARK? Sally's parents were Robert PITT and Mary
BRIDGER. Larry and Sally had the following children: Gray, Pheareby,
Barbara, Mary/Polly, Elizabeth, Angeline, Sarah/Sally E., Keziah,
Robert, and Rebecca. The children were born in Edgecome, N.C., Summner
Co., Tenn. and Muhlenberg Co., Ky. Larry had known brothers Gray,
William, Isaac, and Zachariah. Thank you for any help on this family.
- BENTON, CHAPMAN, HOWARD, WHITLOW posted by
S. Miller on Tuesday, March 25, 1997
- BENTON, Benjamin b. 7 Aug 1777 in Md, m. CHAPMAN, Altha b. 8 May
1781 in Md. Their son Erasmus Benton b. 24 Sept 1808 m. Elizabeth HOWARD
cau of Dianah Etherton/Atherton m. Robert Howard,(Dianah m. 2nd Wm.B.
Leach daughter of Erasmus and Elizabeth Benton: Susan M. Benton who
married Pinkney R. WHITLOW. Any information would be helpful. Especially
on child of Susan or P.R. named Valentine. Please e mail Barwright@AOL
All in Ohio Co. and McLean Co. Ky.
- GIBBS, MCELROY posted by
Shaffer on Sunday, April 6, 1997
- GIBBS & McELROY Need info on John GIBBS born abt 1831 in NC and Nancy
McELROY born abt 1835 in KY. They married abt 1854 in Ky. They are in McLean
Co. on the 1870 Census then in Dunklin Co. Mo. on the 1880 Census
- EVERLY, THORNSBERRY, VINCENT posted by
Thornsberry on Sunday, April 20, 1997
- THORNSBERRY / EVERLY / VINCENT Seeking info on Balaam Thornsberry, b.
bef 1850 in McLean Co, KY. Married Nancy Everly, b. (date unknown) also in
McLean Co. Their son, Lorenza Calvin ";Pete" Thornsberry was b. 12/25/1865
in McLean Co. He married Martha Alice Vincent(b. 4/17/1870) on 5/16/1889.
Her parents were Andrew J. Vincent, b. 3/19/1837 and Sarah A Morris, b. Abt
1835. Any information GREATLY appreciated.
- JENKINS, NALLE posted by
on Tuesday, April 29, 1997
- Looking for info on Richard JENKINS and wife Caty NALLE. Caty was buried
in McLean Co, KY in the 1870's. Does anyone know where Richard is buried?
Any information on children would be greatly appreciated. One daughter,
Amelia JENKINS, married James D. Shackelford.
- EVERLY, THORNSBERRY posted by
Thornsberry on Wednesday, April 30, 1997
- THORNSBERRY / EVERLY: Looking for info on Balaam Thornsberry, b around
the 1840's in McLean Co. Married Nancy Everly. One child's name was Lorenza
Calvin "Pete" Thornsberry, b 12/25/1865 in McLean Co. and d in Logan Co.
Know there was at least one other child, possibly named Crit. Any info
- COY, DAUGHERTY posted by
on Monday, May 5, 1997
- John W DAUGHERTY married Mizella COY in Butler Co, Kentucky on 6
September 1900. They were living in Island, McLean Co, Kentucky in the 1910
census. Does anyony know the parents of John Daugherty and what became of
this family? 250-252 Daugherty, John W 28 Mizaler 25 Opal L 8
- GALLOWAY, HAGAN, STALLINGS, TOWERY posted by
Joe D. Hagan
on Thursday, May 8, 1997
- Hi, I am researching my family tree, the last name of HAGAN. I found
that my great grandmother and two children were living in McLean county in
the 1900 Census, but not in the 1880 Census. Great grandfather James Hagan
Great grandmother Victoria born Sept. 1958 The 1900 Census said they had
four children out of 11 that were alive then, their names were; James G. who
married Ailene GALLOWAY. Both buried in St. Alphonsius, Daviess County.
Orbon who married Queen or Queenie. I think they are in Indiana? Raymond I.
who married Ora TOWERY. Both buried in St. Alphonsius, Daviess County.
Lillie who married Charlie STALLINGS. Thanks for the help, Joe Hagan
- MORROW, WETZEL posted by
on Saturday, May 10, 1997
- I am seeking information about John M. WETZEL. He was born in Indiana
about 1836 and died before 1900. I think he is buried in Poplar Grove,
McLean County. His occupation may have been a lock keeper on the Green
River. He was married to Mary Anne MORROW and their children were John T.,
George, Mollie (May have been Mary Elizabeth.,) George (G.W.), James Ernest,
Sarah Frances (Sallie), Thomas L., Alexander, and Lenora (Lula.) Mary Anne
Morrow Wetzel is buried in Butler County.
- CANNON, HENDRICKS posted by
on Sunday, May 11, 1997
- I am searching for information on my great-grandfather James Filmore
HENDRICKS, born in 1832 in McLean County, KY. He died March 7, 1902, at
Knottsville, KY. He was married in McLean County on August 27, 1867, to Mary
Elizabeth CANNON, born 1845 in McLean County. She died November 30, 1887, in
- BENNETTS, HANDCOCK, HANDOCK, OAKLEY, ROBERTS, SANDEFUR, WALKER posted by
Plummer on Tuesday, May 13, 1997
- I am interested in finding information on the OAKLEY and SANDEFUR and
HANDCOCK or HANDOCK and BENNETTS.. All from Henderson , Hopkin, Mclean,
McCreary County, KY. Lysander Gordon Oakley married Sarah Ann Hancock in
1776. They had two children known to me Jennie Bell Oakley and Clara White
Oakley. Jennie married Albert Sandefur in 1899. His parents were Algernon W
Sandefur b. 1838 d. 1893. He married Cornelia L Wilson. Algernon's father
was William H. Sandefur, his wife:Pemelia WALKER. Wm's fathter was Tandy
Sandefur and his wife was Martha ROBERTS. Tandy's father was Bennett Sr
SANDEFUR. The Sandefurs and the Bennetts were united in marriage and the
Bennetts are the daughters of a Govenor Bennett.??
- PINKSTON, WILLIAMS posted by
Pinkston on Tuesday, June 3, 1997
- Interested in info on any PINKSTON surname. specificly Joseph Hardin
PINKSTON married Catharine Jane WILLIAMS Jan2,1858, Info on their children:
Joseph Finlin PINKSTON 1862 Ransom T. PINKSTON1858 Charles M. PINKSTON1860
Lawrence Decater PINKSTON 1866 Ida Bell PINKSTON 1869 Vincent Elmoore
PINKSTON 1870 Tillie J. PINKSTON 1872 Ollie Mae PINKSTON 1876 All born or
lived in Mclean Co. some are buried in Mclean co. and Daviess co.
- BROWN, SANDERS, STACER, TEMPLE posted by
(Taylor) Davidson on Sunday, June 8, 1997
- I do not have a computer. So, I am using my cousin's who will relay all
messages to me from her emaiI. I am trying to contact anyone who might be
researching the following surnames: SANDERS, TEMPLE AND STACER.
Specifically: Elizabeth (SANDERS) TEMPLE (no dates of birth, death, or place
of either). Wife of John Wessley TEMPLE, B: 20 May 1862, McLean Co., KY, D:
2 Oct 1946, Evansville, Vanderburg, IN. They had four children: Jack, James
(Jim), Clyde, and my grandmother Estella Amelia TEMPLE, b; 9 Sep 1895, KY,
D: 30 Nov 1983, Mesa, Arizona I am told by family elders that Elizabeth was
an orphan and was raised by a family named BROWN in McLean Co. Oral history
also tells me that Elizabeth and John Wessley TEMPLE were both born and
reared in McLean Co., KY before migratingto to Indiana. I can be reached by
Snail Mail at: 812 Audubon Dr. Evansvile, IN 47715-6962 I would be most
happy to exchange with anyone what info I have on the rest of the family.
Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.
- BURDEN, DAUGHERTY posted by
on Monday, June 9, 1997
- I would like any information on Rosie DAUGHERTY (daughter of James E
Daugherty and Anarpa BURDEN) who married Mack Burden in McLean Co. Dec. 30,
1899. I would like to know if they had children and who they were. Rosie was
my great aunt. I was informed that some of the records from McLean Co. were
sent to Daviess , Ohio , and Muhlenburg County because they did not have a
county seat at one time. To view some of my information visit my homepage.
- HOWARD, TURNER posted by
on Friday, June 13, 1997
- Am Seeking marriage info on Grandparents, Thomas HOWARD and Mary TURNER.
Married McLean Co. 1865 Thank you so much. Sandy in Az.
- HOWARD, TANNER, TURNER posted by
Fischer on Tuesday, June 17, 1997
- HOWARD, Thomas m. Mary TANNER /TURNER in 1865 Mclean Co. (un-verified)
1870 Ky. Census shows Thomas Howard still in same location.
- CITTY, CRUMBAKER, CRUMPACKER, DEAVER, GISH, MILLER, SKETOE posted by
Calvert on Thursday, June 19, 1997
- CRUMBAKER CRUMPACKER: Seeking information about Jacob CRUMPACKER
(CRUMBAKER) born March 4, 1780 in Maryland. He married Mary CITTY on
November 22, 1802 in Bedford Co., Virginia. Jacob died February 14, 1864 in
Sacramento, McLean Co., Kentucky. Know children of Jacob and Mary are: Nancy
born 1807, Virginia, married William DEAVER in Green Co., Tennessee on
August 1, 1821. Nancy died 1870-1880 in Randolph Co., Arkansas Elizabeth Ann
born October 19, 1810 . She married Isaac MILLER in Washington Co.,
Tennessee. Elizabeth died in Sacramento, McLean Co., Kentucky Samuel born
January 23, 1815 married Nancy GISH in Kentucky on June 5, 1853. Samuel died
July 25, 1899. David born 1819 married #1 Nancy SKETOE 1845 and #2 Sarah
Webster 1858 in Muhlenberg Co., Kentucky. David married #3 in Logan Co.,
Kentucky to Emeline Coursey in 1861. Christopher C. born 1825 in Green Co.,
Tenn. He married Lucy A. Kirtley on October 2, 1856. Christopher died May
20, 1900 in Hopkins Co., Kentucky. Jacob W. born September 10, 1826, married
Christina E. Nail on January 1, 1854. Jacob died May 25, 1902. Catherine
married Henery Aldy in June 1835 in Muhlenberg Co., Kentucky. Martha S. born
1829 in Tenn. married John C. Galloway (from Henderson, Kentucky). Martha
died October 13, 1903. Are there other children? Interested in any
- COFFMAN, HINKLE posted by
Hinkle on Friday, June 27, 1997
- Looking for any information on Benjamin HINKLE, Jr. (1843-1922), m.1890
to Mary Lee COFFMAN (1867-1912). Benjamin was born in Ohio Co., KY, & grew
up in McLean Co, KY. His father was Benjamin HINKLE, Sr. who may have been
- HICKS posted by
Alan S. Ecton
on Saturday, June 28, 1997
- I was born at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Lexington on July 6, 1953
to William W. ECTON of Lexington and Romelle HICKS of McLean County KY. I
now live in Houston TX. Other than my father, I know of no other living
Ectons (to whom I am related) in Kentucky. There is a village in
Northampton, England named Ecton, but between that and my father, I have a
complete blank. I don't get much help from Web searches I have done so far.
If anybody can shed some light on my family name, I would sincerely
- COLLIER, SANDEFUR posted by
on Sunday, June 29, 1997
- In the 1860 McClean Co. Census, family #541 is Joseph SANDEFUR, age 26,
Martha (nee Collier), 26, Amanda M., 2; and John COLLIER, 47. Is this Joseph
Sandefur the son of Samuel A. Sandefur, family #540? Is his spouse Martha
the daughter of Claiborne Collier, who left a will in Henderson Co. in 1846?
Thanks, Ed Dolan.
- REEKS posted by
on Thursday, July 3, 1997
- REEKS: Looking for information on a divorce granted in McLean Co. abt
1869. Parties to the divorce were Emily C. Reeks and Frank Reeks. If anyone
could do a courthouse search for these records, I would be happy to pay the
usual copying and postage charges.
- CAMPBELL, ELLIOTT posted by
on Sunday, August 3, 1997
- CAMPBELL, Richard died in McLean Co, KY in 1853. I am looking for any
information about Richard Campbell that died in McLean Co., wife was Suzanne
(probably ELLIOTT). Any information about his parents, whom I believe to be
Abraham and Dorcas Campbell from Pittsylvania Co, VA, or about his
descendants will be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me directly because I
don't get back to this message board often. Thank you. Chathampit@aol.com
- CAMPBELL, MAIN, POLLOCK posted by
Pollock, Jr. on Tuesday, August 5, 1997
- I am interested in any information re: POLLOCK family who came from
Scotland in the 1850's to Muhlenberg County. My g-grandfather, Archibald,
was in Mining City & McHenry, KY. Am looking for his death date. Also any
info on his sisters' families, Katie Pollock CAMPBELL; Jennette Pollock
- BERRY, CABLE, CAPLE, ELLINGSWORTH, JAMES, RAY, SMALLWOOD, SMITH, SNAWDER
Sarah Jane McKenzie on Saturday, August 9, 1997
- 1. William JAMES, 1770's: chn. born in MD. 1. Priscilla m. Wm. SMITH, 2.
Nancy m. Bartholomew ELLINGSWORTH, 3. William Baley m. Elizabeth SMALLWOOD,
4. Isaac m. Elizabeth ELLINGSWORTH--Wm. Baley JAMES had son Levi J. JAMES
who m. 3rd time when moved from Jefferson Co., KY to Daviess Co. Levi had
son John C. JAMES m. Perlina CAPLE/CABLE moved into McLean Co., KY in
1890's-1900's. Also: 2. John BERRY from VA., m. Elizabeth RAY in Jefferson
Co., KY moved to Daviess Co., KY and had 5 children:1. Margaret b. 1836, IN;
2. John B. b. 1837 in KY; 3. Paulina b. 1839 in KY; 4. Thomas J. b. 26 May
1847 (Thomas J. m. Mildred Ann SNAWDER)
- DOSS, GOSSETT, NALLEY, WILKINS posted by
Wilkins, Jr. on Tuesday, August 12, 1997
- I am seeking information on my Ancestors listed below. Any birthdates,
marriage dates, names of their parents and any information about them would
be very helpful to me. Thanking you in Advance Paul Wilkins,Jr. I believe
that Ora WILKINS may have been born in McLean County, that Floyd NALLEY may
have been born in McLean County or Daviess County, George DOSS, Rethal
Gossett Wilkins and Maude Doss Nalley were born in Muhlenberg County. I
believe that Floyd A. Nalley and Maude E. Doss were married in Muhlenberg
County. I believe that Ora M. Wilkins and Rethal GOSSETT were married in
Muhlenberg County. All people listed here and below were born in late 1800's
with their marriages probably having taken place around 1900 to early
1900's. The possible exception to this would be George Doss who would have
been born earlier and married earlier, since he was my Great-Grandfather, I
- GREENWALT, HENTON, MOSELEY, TROUTMAN posted by
Troutman on Saturday, August 16, 1997
- Searching for descendants/relatives of these families.... TROUTMAN,
GREENWALT, HENTON, and MOSELEY. Thanks, Maria Troutman
- LUTER, SETTLE posted by
Jr. on Saturday, August 16, 1997
- Any Information About: SETTLE, Frederick b. ~1820 bp. Grayson Co., KY m.
Mary E. LUTER b. ~1835 bp. TN Children: Azro D. b. 1862, Robert b. 1864,
Larry D. b. 1870 Mary E. b. 1873 Entry appears in 1870 and 1880 McLean Co.
Vicki Spencer on Thursday, August 28, 1997
- I am researching MYERS, REYNOLDS, WATKINS, BRYANT, CALVERT in McLean Co.
My g.grandfather, Thomas Myers b. 1854 Ky.; d. Jan 27, 1914 in Island. He is
buried at the Baptist Cem. On his death certificate father is Ben Myers,
mother Nannie Reynolds, both born in Ky. Thomas m. Nancy Jane Byers b. Feb.
8, 1861 Ky.; d. Jan 12, 1923 in McLean co. She is buried in Island. I
haven't been able to trace Benjamin and Nannie Reynolds Myers. My
g.grandmother Florence Watkins b. Nov. 9, 1850 in Muhlenberg Co.; d. Sept.
23, 1943 in Island.; Wm. C. Calvert, s/o Reuben and Elizabeth LONG Calvert.
On her death certificate her father is Stephen Watkins, mother Mary BATSELL.
I am looking for more information on them. Her sister America m. a Bryant. I
have copies of deeds, and wills from Muhlenberg Co. They have only added to
my confusion. There was more then one Stephen. I will share what I do have.
Thanks. Vicki Also, Who is Nannie Reynolds? Need her parents, sibs and
- BOHANNON, FARMER, SHRADER posted by
Bohannon on Monday, September 1, 1997
- Weston BOHANNON, born 10/11/1815 Daviess County. Died 6/23/1871 McLean
County. Mason Creek/Beech Grove. Served as Constable and Post Master. We are
trying to locate his parent's name. Weston's wives were Sarah Ann Brown
SHRADER and Sarah (Salle) FARMER. 1st marriage in Mason Creek in 1870.
- CALVERT, CESSNA, DAVIS, ELLISON, GRIFFITH, GROSS, MARKWELL, NOFFSINGER,
RHOADS, VINCENT posted by
Cessna on Tuesday, September 9, 1997
- Names that I am researching in McLean Co are- ELLISON GROSS MARKWELL
GRIFFITH NOFFSINGER RHOADS CESSNA CALVERT DAVIS VINCENT I would be glad to
share info with anyone researching these names. Marilyn Cessna
- KIRTLEYS, KITTINGERS posted by
on Saturday, September 27, 1997
- I am looking for the location of the KIRTLEY/KITTINGER cemetery. One
source says it is in Moorman in Muhlenberg Co. another says it is in Island.
If you know the location of this cemetery please help. I am a decendant of
the KIRTLEYS and KITTINGERS. Thanks
- HUMPHREY, IGLEHEART posted by
on Tuesday, October 7, 1997
- Researching Daniel HUMPHREY and wife Catherine. Last find them on
1850 Daviess Co census, ages 86 and 80; they no doubt died prior to 1860
census, but Where and When??? Possibly McLean or Muhlenberg County?
Help! Trying to locate death date, place and burial of Winneyfred
Humphrey IGLEHEART. Suspect between 1830-1834. Was on 1830 census (no
doubt) Daviess County. Husband Dennis remarried 1834 Spencer Co., Ind.
- BATES posted by
Bates on Saturday, November 8, 1997
- I am looking for any genealogy information on the BATES family of
Mclean co circa 1867 and before. My great grandfathers name was William
Edgar Bates. I am trying to find his ancestry, any help I can get will
be greatly appreciated.
- DURHAM, TAPP posted by
Craig on Wednesday, November 12, 1997
- Hello, I need info about my fathers side of the family. Im looking
for any info about my father Ernest Sameul DURHAM br.1916 webster co.
and his father Daniel Durham br.abt.1890 McLean Co. and his father James
Franklin Durham br. abt. 1861 don't know where. Daniel married Cora Ann
Tapp. Only info I have on her are her brothers and sisters married
names. I got from a obit clipping of her brother George Ira TAPP. Any
info would really be appriciated. Barbara Craig
- DODD, GRISHAM posted by
Myers on Sunday, November 16, 1997
- Looking for more information on James Bethel GRISHAM and parents. He
is the son of Green Gresham and Alice DODD; born August 23, 1893, McLean
County, KY. Moved to Evansville, IN in 1901. Enlisted in U.S. Regular
Army, April 23, 1914 at Evansville, IN. Sent to Jefferson Barracks, MO.
Assigned to Company F, 16th Infantry. Saw service on the Mexican Border.
Embarked for Europe June 14, 1917. During the early morning of November
3, 1917, a German battalion attacked a group of Americans who were in
trenches on a muddy battlefield near Artois, France. Three men were
killed, one of them Corporal James Bethel Gresham of Evansville. They
were the first Americans killed in the World War. Of the three, Gresham
was said to have died first, making him the first American soldier
killed in the World War. Gresham was first buried in France at
Bathelemont-les-Bauzemont, but in July 1921 his body was returned to
Evansville and buried in Locust Hill Cemetery.
- BROWNING, DAVIS posted by
Browning on Monday, December 8, 1997
- I am looking for information on a A. J. BROWNING who had the
following children: Claude, James, Charles, Mary, Julian, Gladis and
Evear. Claude m. Julia A. DAVIS (d. 23 Aug 1954). Claude b. 1880, d.
1955. A. J. served in the Civil War. He had a couple of wives with
children from each/all wives. Some of his descendants still live in the
McLean Co area and I know that his descendants own a car lot (not sure
they sell new and/or used cars). The family lived in Island, KY. Please